In Kiyosaki’s self-help book on financial education book Rich Dad, Poor Dad (1997) which was co-authored with Sharon Lechter; 5 important take-aways are:
- The poor and the middle-class work for money. The rich have money work for them.
- It’s not how much money you make that matters. It is how much money you keep
- Rich people acquire assets. The poor and middle class acquire liabilities that they think are assets.
- Financial aptitude is what you do with the money once you make it, how you keep people from taking it from you, how to keep it longer, and how you make money work hard for you.
- The single most powerful asset we all have is our mind.
So in reality, the real difference between a poor and rich person is their MIND! Their mental and emotional disposition affects all facets of life, which include health, wealth and happiness. A positive mental attitude aids in reaching great financial altitudes, which can free the human mind from negative mental blocks and emotions such as fear, anxiety, regret and self-pity, revenge, hatred, greed and envy. Negative thoughts and emotions must not be allowed to reside in the mind as these tend to affect our actions and behaviour. Positive thoughts, feelings, words, actions and reactions suffuse consciousness which in turn genuinely infect self-confidence whereby people feel comfortable and this turns into a desirable positive experience.
When a person lives in a positive mental attitude, a human naturally develop a positive approach to life that successful people are known for. We will then automatically think, dress, talk and act positively. We will live in a perpetual positive expectancy, thus be able to achieve great results. Instead of dwelling on thoughts of lack and poverty, we should fill our mind with thoughts of abundance and prosperity.
A POSITIVE MIND ATTRACTS POSITIVE IMPROVEMENT AND IMPACT IN OUR LIVES……